Dice Maniacs’ Club
The DMC is a club for all people interested in all aspects of dice. We have curious new members with collections of 7 dice who want to know how to enlarge their collection. But we also have veterans who collect for years and can answer new members’ questions.
We welcome all kinds of dice questions!
- DMC Logo
- DMC Dice
- Notable Members
The Dice Maniacs Club also known as The Random Fandom, called from his members DMC, was founded on September 14th, 1999 by Alexander Simkin. In 2012 the Facebook group “Würfel sammeln” was named as official DMC group. It was founded by Michael Schäffer (12.05.2011).
- The home of the DMC was, until service was stopped by the provider, a MSN group (1999 – 2009).
- From 2009 to 2011 the DMC moved to Multiply. Some time ago the service was also ended by the provider.
- Since 2012 the Facebook group is the new home of the DMC.
- 2015 the lead of the group was given to Matthias Hoschek and Hague Nikolayczyk.
- Since 2016 the group is managed by Matthias Hoschek and Michael Schäffer.
Pre-2011 DMC Information
In those days the DMC was an international group of about 300 members from England, USA, Singapur, Portugal, France, Schweden, Italy, the Netherlands, the philippines, Australia, Chile, Germany, canada, Malta and Suiss.
- Dr. Alexander Simkin, founder
- Kevin Cook, assisting manager
- Pwee Keng Ho, assisting manager
The DMC Today
The home of the Dice Maniacs Club is a Facebook group.
New members join daily.
See also: Liste interessanter Themen im DMC
The community is organized in the Facebook group. It is possible to ask there questions, talk about dice and post dice related news. There is also the possibility to upload pictures.
The group has 340 members (01/2015).
- 1255 members (08/2016).
- 2748 members (03/2017).
- 4345 members (03/2018).
Many members have their own website. Kevin Cook also offers to host peoples collection.
The DMC is the only authority recognized by Guinness to officiate over dice record attempts and has been mentioned in connection with Kevin Cook’s record in “The Guinness Book of Records”. The DMC was also mentioned in a book about records aimed at younger kids. At one time, the DMC had the greatest number of pictures of dice anywhere on the web. However, that has since changed after Kevin Cook has moved his pictures over to his own site.
The DMC Logo
The new DMC logo was designed by the members and produced by Chessex.
- Kevin Cook
- Linda Norris
- Pwee Keng Ho
- Michael Schäffer – founder of the Facebook group and manager of the dicemaniacsclub.com homepage.
This article was written by the DMC members.
The community is organized in the Facebook group. It is possible to ask questions, talk about dice, and post dice related news. There is also the possibility to upload pictures.